Journey 2: The Mysterious Island Review

Thetlia Moe, Photo Editor

Young Sean Anderson (Josh Hutcherson) is now a bit older and getting into all kinds of trouble. Sean’s mom (Kristin Davis) and step-dad Hank (Dwayne Johnson)  try to figure out why he’s acting different. Sean does not like Hank, but Hank the step father finally finds the answer of why he is acting so. Sean was trying to piece together the mystery of his missing grandfather, Alexander Anderson (Michael Caine), who went searching for a mysterious island of legend. Sean and Hank work together to decode a message from Alexander based on the famous adventure tales of Jules Verne. When the mysterious puzzled was finally pieced together, Sean excitedly packs and  is ready for the Journey to find the mysterious island, where small animals are now huge, and huge animals are now small. Sean Hank and the two friends plus the grandfather run into all kinds of obstacles, from huge scary animals.  As the earthquake starts and the water rises, teamwork brought them out of the mysterious island safely. This Journey created many obstacles but teamwork helped them out of the island safely. Overall I thought the movie was fantastic and fun to watch. The island looked so beautiful with all kinds of strange animals. my favorite part of the movie was when Hank (Dwayne Johnson) picked up a small elephant. Lwe Paw, a Harding student, said she rates the movie four out of five because they didn’t bring back any valuable things. I believe that is the negative part of the movie because I think  they should of bring back something to prove that they found the mysterious island.