Subscribe to The Beacon Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook
  • September 16, 2013 at 7:42 pm

• April 29, 2012 at 10:44 am

Journey 2: The Mysterious Island Review

Thetlia Moe, Photo Editor
March 31, 2012
Filed under Features

Young Sean Anderson (Josh Hutcherson) is now a bit older and getting into all kinds of trouble. Sean’s mom (Kristin Davis) and step-dad Hank (Dwayne Johnson)  try to figure out why he’s acting different. Sean does not like Hank, but Hank the step father finally finds the answer of why he is acting so. Sean was trying to piece together the mystery of his missing grandfather, Alexander Anderson (Michael Caine), who went searching for a mysterious island of legend. Sean and Hank work together to decode a message from Alexander based on the famous adventure tales of Jules Verne. When the mysterious puzzled was finally pieced together, Sean excitedly packs and  is ready for the Journey to find the mysterious island, where small animals are now huge, and huge animals are now small. Sean Hank and the two friends plus the grandfather run into all kinds of obstacles, from huge scary animals.  As the earthquake starts and the water rises, teamwork brought them out of the mysterious island safely. This Journey created many obstacles but teamwork helped them out of the island safely. Overall I thought the movie was fantastic and fun to watch. The island looked so beautiful with all kinds of strange animals. my favorite part of the movie was when Hank (Dwayne Johnson) picked up a small elephant. Lwe Paw, a Harding student, said she rates the movie four out of five because they didn’t bring back any valuable things. I believe that is the negative part of the movie because I think  they should of bring back something to prove that they found the mysterious island.

Comments

The Beacon intends for this area to be used to foster healthy, thought-provoking discussion. Comments are expected to adhere to our standards and to be respectful and constructive. As such, we do not permit the use of profanity, foul language, personal attacks, or the use of language that might be interpreted as libelous. Comments are reviewed and must be approved by a moderator to ensure that they meet these standards. The Beacon allows anonymous comments.

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!