New cafe brings out the best for staff

The All Knights Cafe crew after a finished work in brewing drinks and baking snacks on a Wednesday morning.
Photo by Nathalia Cortes Vazquez.

The All Knights Cafe crew after a finished work in brewing drinks and baking snacks on a Wednesday morning. Photo by Nathalia Cortes Vazquez.

Nathalia Cortes Vazquez, Reporter

A new cafe, All Knight Cafe, opened a few weeks ago for staff to have their to-go beverages and snacks at school.

Three special education staff, Nichole T., Stacy Vonwald and Shar’Ron Webb, have opened a cafe in room 1361 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, after winter break ends. Students assist in making the beverages to gain work skills and mathematical skills. The cafe aims to help these students in school and enable them to fulfill their goals in life, “serving for a great cause,” Ms. Webb said.

Ms.Webb has outside experience in cafes, and Ms. Vonwald is getting help from her daughter who works at Caribou Coffee.

The cafe staff are adhering to Caribou’s menu to the best of their abilities. The speciality drinks are $3 for 12 oz drinks and $4 for 16 oz drinks. Beverages include lattes, mochas, chai tea lattes and macchiatos. The All Knight Cafe also will offer smoothies starting in the spring for those who don’t drink any kind of caffeinated beverages. There are also snacks, cookies and scones. Trinity and Sanakee are two of the students who help bake the cookies and scones.

Beverages are available during first and second hours. The All Knight Cafe is also offering black coffee from noon to 2 p.m. with sugar and cream available.

Ordering can be done by walking in, but emailing in advance is greatly encouraged for a freshly-delivered ordering experience. If you can’t pick up your order, you don’t have to worry, there are students who can deliver your order to your classroom, in the morning.

The beverages and snacks are perfect for TAs staff could buy beverages or snacks for their students rather than simply just going out and buying something else as a treat for them, Ms. Webb suggested.

The All Knight Cafe is open to all staff, however, students aren’t currently ordering from the cafe though the staff hopes to change that. In time they expect to branch out, and the students who assist will gain new skills along with new interests in life.

The staff are caring and have good sense of humor to lighten up the mood like a regular cafe. If there is a need to be cheered up, the All Knights Cafe can provide it.

All in all, the All Knights Cafe will exceed expectations and give “Starbucks a run for their money,” Ms. Webb said.

• New cafe brings out the best for staff

Features

The Attraction Valentine’s Day Brings In

Features

Harding again one of the ‘most challenging schools’

Features

Appeal of School Meat to Students

Features

Is Catfishing the New Trend on Social Media?

• Features

How one gesture can change a season

Features

SEA club hopes to become more diverse

Features

Students flock to MAD club

Features

The Origins behind Philosophy Club

• Features

Diversity plays an important role in education

Features

Eating disorders could have a lifelong impact

New cafe brings out the best for staff