Harding Students protest Trump’s Presidency

Photo of students who protested Donald Trump's presidency. Photo by Ally Lolar.

Araya Smith, Reporter

At Harding High School a group of students decided to walk out of class and protest Donald Trump’s presidency. Isaac Marshall, a senior, was one of the many who decided to protest. “It was kinda organized, kinda on a whim,” he said. “None of us thought it was really gonna happen.”

The students decided to walk out of their fifth hour class, but that didn’t exactly happen. The students walked out in the beginning of sixth hour. “I didn’t think people were going to take us seriously,” he said.

James Bush, the African American specialist at Harding, was one of many administrators that followed the group of students around as they were protesting. “It was okay,” he said. “I don’t think they should’ve walked around the school disturbing other classes. I do support their efforts.”

Most of America was shocked with this year’s election. “I feel that he (Donald Trump) had a better game plan, but I wish it would’ve been a democrat running the White House,” he said.

As a whole there are many people in the country that feel as if the county is getting ready for a terrible four years. “Of course we’re screwed.” Isaac said. There are also many people who got emotional with this past election and let their emotions pour out. “I was about to cry. I was worried about what was going to happen the next day at school.” He said.

Many people who weren’t Donald Trump supporters feel and think that America is going to change drastically. “Yes. White people are going to be more bold.” He said.

This group of students felt that since they are all minorities in America, their races and ethnicities were in danger with Donald Trump in office. These students were exercising their right to protest. This group felt that they needed to stand up for what they believe and make a change in the world for the better.