The Rally for Change in Venezuela

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Rally for Change in Venezuela

The government supporters and protesters in Caracas, Urdaneta.
Photo from Wikimedia Commons

The government supporters and protesters in Caracas, Urdaneta. Photo from Wikimedia Commons

Nathalia Cortes Vazquez, Reporter

Venezuela is facing a crisis with its people wanting to make a change by overthrowing the government.

Venezuela’s citizens have been demanding resources that President Nicolas Maduro doesn’t contribute to the community. Venezuelan people blame their president for not contributing to the community, and he’s to blame because he represents Venezuela.

President Nicolas had a new Bolivar made but when they were to be released the people couldn’t exchange their old money to the new as the

“I guess they’ll have less money,” said Niko Hall, a freshman.

A currency change in Venezuela will bring its citizens down from the middle-class if there isn’t any worth to the past Venezuelan Bolivar. Holding the old Bolivar wouldn’t do the people in Venezuela any good.

With the expectation of new currency coming, more people are losing their jobs with business owners not paying their employees and barely themselves. Supplies, such as food, are becoming scarce. More than half of the citizens in Venezuela have to feed themselves by picking through garbage for leftovers.

“I might care if I heard anything about it (Venezuela’s protest),” said an anonymous freshman.

The conflict in Venezuela is between its citizens and does not having a worldwide impact.  

Medication is hard to come by with many sick people and not having enough medicine to supply them; with less medication, the cost of healthcare has gone up.

People have been protesting because the economic and social crises have been worsening and President Maduro is to blame. There have been government supporters that are now against the living situations in the land of Venezuela.

For the change in presidency Venezuela has to go through a referendum vote. Venezuela has gone through the first stage of having one percent of voters’ signatures from the 24 states. Venezuela had a march Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2016, hoping to pressure the electoral authorities to launch the second stage of the referendum vote.

“I think it will cost a lot [of] supports,” said an anonymous junior.

Historians say that the protest was seen coming especially, with its similarities to the riot in Egypt. Throughout history change have been possible for the people have the power.

• The Rally for Change in Venezuela

Features

Buck family feels lucky to survive a crash

• The Rally for Change in Venezuela

News

Yearbooks may not continue next year

• The Rally for Change in Venezuela

News

SPPS is getting a later start time the year after next

• The Rally for Change in Venezuela

News

AIS invites students to take a ‘Braided Journey’

• The Rally for Change in Venezuela

News

Harding Drumline performs at the Super Bowl Live Event

• The Rally for Change in Venezuela

News

SPPS teacher strike brings awareness and consequences

• News

‘WannaCry’ Virus Spreads Rapidly and Evolves Quickly

• Features

New Car to Noah

• Arts

Fashion Club

• News

JROTC Drill Meet

The Rally for Change in Venezuela