Nick Cannon Leaves AGT!?

Tristin Thao, Reporter

Nick Cannon, an American rapper, actor, comedian, entrepreneur, record producer, radio and television personality. He recently quit “America’s Got Talent” because NBC didn’t like a joke in which he made, making disparaging remarks about NBC in a recent showtime comedy special, “Stand Up, Don’t Shoot.”

Cannon doesn’t see himself shooting the next season of “America’s Got Talent” after NBC execs considered letting him go over the racial joke he told in his comedy special. It was more of a threat toward Cannon basically saying “hey, if you don’t quit we will have no problem firing you”. Cannon said in his statement that NBC’s threats to discipline him were “just another way to silence and control an outspoken voice who often battles the establishment.”

While Nick was recording the special comedy show, he joked with the audience that NBC was making him lose his “black card” — strongly insinuating the network wanted him to show less swagger on ‘AGT.’ Cannon should have been treated fairly and equally like everyone else who works for AGT. Cannon was the host of the show; he was the main reason many people enjoyed the show. His comedy, his personality and his encouragement are something people will not forget.

“I find myself in a dark place having to make a decision that I wish I didn’t have to, but as a man, an artist and a voice for my community I will not be silenced, controlled or treated like a piece of property,” Cannon wrote in a lengthy Facebook post.

Last week, Cannon made a Facebook post expressing all of his feelings about quitting AGT. The paragraph goes on and on, ranting about how it is unfair for him as the show’s host.

“I have loved hosting AMERICA’S GOT TALENT for the last 8 seasons, watching talented, brave, and courageous Americans accomplish their dreams in front of millions has been nothing but a joy, and everyone has been a pleasure to work with but my soul won’t allow me to be in business with corporations that attempt to frown on freedom of speech, censor artists, and question cultural choices,” he wrote.

Cannon created many original ideas for the show and helped with multiple things that only he was able to do. He had an unforgettable relationship with all four judges. Now with him gone they are looking into hiring a new host for season 9 of AGT. But they will never find a better person than Nick Cannon. Cannon does not deserve to be released, he was a positive influence to the show. NBC apparently couldn’t take a joke he made on his special comedy show. In an Instagram post he recently uploaded, he writes about how NBC was threatening him with termination by executives because of a comedy special that was only intended to bring communities closer together.
         Cannon only wanted the best, but the best was too much in their opinion. He spoke too much of the truth, and that is what triggered NBC. They then told him to leave. With that in mind, Cannon went with it and decided to leave to pursue his own show and not to come back anytime soon.

Nick Cannon Leaves AGT!?