The Points “The Great Wall” Had Received

Nathalia Cortes Vazquez, Reporter

The Great Wall,directed by Zhang Yimou, is a movie created to explain one of the legends that evolved around the Great Wall of China.

When I first saw the trailers, I thought it didn’t make sense to have dinosaurs “(taotie,” as they’re called in the movie) when it’s about the Great Wall, which is known to have been built to keep invaders away, especially the Mongols.

Not only that, but the concept of having two Americans in the film around the Chinese in the medieval times seemed crazy. I didn’t understand having Americans around the Chinese when Americans didn’t even exist at the time, but throughout the movie it explains their significant presence in the sage.

The multi-colored uniforms helped to distinguish the different positions the Chinese soldiers have, which helped the viewers to understand the role each Chinese character had to protecting the Capitol on their side of the wall.

This movie has its good qualities, but the movie didn’t make much of an impact on me; I can hardly remember what happened. There is no possible way to tie it all down after thinking through and events that revolved around the central problem of letting the wall stay standing.

The basic plot of the movie was understandable: men search for black powder, black powder makes them rich, a force stops them, they are viewed as heroes in the end-not as interesting as you might expect considering the movie was directed by Zhang Yimou.

As far the “taotie,” they were designed so realistically that there was no question of being awed by the incredibly accomplished visual effects in the film.

In the end, the movie my interest even if it’s a little rough with creativity and short on understanding.