Swim meet

Lee Tou Xiong, Reporter

The Harding Knights Boys Swimming and Diving had a meet at St. Catherine’s University Feb. 5, 2016.
The Knights faced off against the rest of the St. Paul schools for an amazing night with many victorious races but also with defeats.

It was a long night for the Knights swimming team pushing it to the very end with all their strength and with many swimmers getting sixth, fifth, fourth, third, second and even first place.
The meet lasted from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. After the boys finished swimming, team captain Brian Ly had some thoughts. “I was kinda disappointed; we’ve could’ve done better,” he said. “But other than that I’m proud of the team. They pulled through no matter what; they tried their best and I couldn’t ask for more”
Head Coach Becky McQueen agreed. “I was so proud of the boys,” she said. “Two of the swimmers beat their personal time. It’s everything I could’ve hoped for. Ms. Angel and I were talking about it, and she was very proud of them. We told them we were proud of them.”

The boys swimming team could improve, however. Brian said, “If more swimmers would show up to practice and deal with the training instead of complaining, and if they would listen to more of the experienced swimmers.”
Ms. McQueen also praised the team’s “faster times of course, but what I’m hoping for is that we get some time this summer where the boys can come and swim in the summer so we can improve their times, strength, and endurance,” she said.
What makes the Harding Knights team stand out from the rest of the other swimming teams? “Everybody makes the team stand out, not just one person makes a team a whole,” said Brian.
Ms. McQueen said the team’s diversity “is something the other teams didn’t have. If you’d look at the other teams; you would see a lot of white boys on their teams,” she said. “I love the diversity in our team. I believe it really represents Harding very well.“

• Swim meet

Features

Football player headed to Southwest

• Sports

Tennis Game Goes Relatively Smoothly Despite Weather

• Opinion

Why Do Sports?

• Features

What it takes to be the greatest

• Swim meet

Sports

There is no such thing as being “Too Feminine” or “Too Masculine”

• Swim meet

Sports

Tennis team visualizes winning

• Sports

Harding boy’s soccer team loses to Central

• Swim meet

Sports

Spring sports are right around the corner

• Swim meet

Sports

Section basketball

• Swim meet

Sports

Highland beats Harding

Swim meet